Wednesday, December 04, 2019 – 09:20 PM
Choice 1: EIGHT-TEAM PROVINCIAL FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Nationwide League retains present timing and construction, ending positions used to find out provincial championship seedings.
- Every provincial championship consists of eight groups, involving the shifting of counties from Ulster and Leinster to Connacht and Munster every year.
- Every province has two teams of 4 groups – seeded from the Nationwide League – who play off in round-robin system, guaranteeing three video games.
- Group winner progresses to provincial closing, 2nd and third positioned groups go to qualifiers, 4th positioned crew participates in 2nd Tier championship.
Choice 2: NATIONAL LEAGUE FORMAT FOR CHAMPIONSHIP
- Repositioning of the Nationwide League to the summer season months, provincial competitions transfer to February/March interval.
- Provincial championship could be performed in spring as round-robin competitions with semi-finals and finals.
- Munster and Connacht could be round-robin teams of 6. Leinster could be 2 round-robin teams of 5. Ulster could be two round-robin teams of 5.
- The present Nationwide League would transfer to the summer season to find out qualification for the All-Eire collection.
- The highest 4 groups in Division 1 and the highest two groups in Division 2 would qualify for the All-Eire quarter-finals.
- The highest crew in Division Three and 4, together with groups positioned third and 4th in Division 2, would go into qualifier video games to play towards the highest 2 groups in Division 1 in quarter-finals.
- Relegation on a 2 up, 2 down foundation would proceed.
- A Tier 2 knock-out competitors would exist for some groups from Division Three and 4.
- Tier 2 closing to be performed with All-Eire soccer semi-final.
OPTION 3: Retention of the present trial constructions
- Retain the current senior hurling and soccer championship constructions whereas concurrently taking motion to enhance the general stability between the time at present obtainable for membership and inter-county video games.
- New oversight unit consisting of full-time provincial personnel and feeding right into a nationwide grouping to be established. Membership fixtures to be the remit of a minimum of one worker in every province. New oversight unit’s quick process needs to be to overview the effectiveness, sanctions, practicality of what’s already in place and convey suggestions as essential to Central Council for change. 10-day rule to cowl all membership video games, not simply membership championship. No inter-county problem video games in April, sanction to be proposed by new oversight unit. Monitor adherence to closed season additionally. Unit to be given authority in rule to determine sanctions for breaches.
- There needs to be no senior inter-county exercise — coaching, trials or problem video games — between a crew’s exit from the Championship and December 1 every year.
- Retain present pre-season provincial competitions however don’t begin till put up January 1.
- The Sigerson Cup have to be accomplished on or earlier than the fifth Sunday of the 12 months. The Fitzgibbon Cup to be accomplished on or earlier than the seventh Sunday of the 12 months.
- The Galway membership champions take part in both the Ulster, Munster or Leinster hurling championships.
- Membership senior and intermediate championships to include a most of 16 groups.
- U20 soccer championship to be performed in February/March. Eligibility restricted to gamers who haven’t performed in that season’s Nationwide League.
- U20 hurling championship to be restricted to gamers who haven’t competed in that season’s MacCarthy Cup, till that crew is eradicated from senior championship. Leinster and Munster U20 champions advance on to All-Eire closing.
- Minor (U17) inter-county championships turn out to be tiered developmental competitions and be decoupled from senior All-Eire semi-finals and finals.
- All-Eire junior soccer championship be scrapped.
- Hurling Improvement Committee think about increasing Liam MacCarthy Cup teams to 6 groups.
GAA teaching from those that know finest: A brainstorming session with soccer’s sharpest minds
Extra From The Irish Examiner